Deal with Your self to a Secure, Completely satisfied Halloween, Observe Security Suggestions From DPH
Deal with Your self to a Secure, Completely satisfied Halloween
Observe Security Suggestions From DPH
ATLANTA – Because the spooky season kicks into excessive gear this weekend, the Georgia Division of Public Well being (DPH) recommends the next suggestions to assist guarantee everybody has a secure, enjoyable time whereas making the rounds at fall festivals, trunk-or-treats, events, and the standard door-to-door hunt for goodies.
- Make sure costumes, masks, wigs, beards, and different equipment are flame-resistant.
- Add reflective tape to costumes, baggage, and equipment to extend visibility.
- Put on well-fitting, sturdy footwear.
- Don’t use ornamental contact lenses that may be bought with out a prescription. These could not match correctly and will trigger scratches, sores, and different eye accidents.
- Younger kids ought to at all times be accompanied by an grownup or an older, accountable little one.
- Warning kids towards operating out from between parked vehicles, or throughout yards the place obstacles could also be onerous to identify.
- Keep on with strolling areas which might be well-lit and freed from obstacles.
- Carry a flashlight or glow follow see and be seen.
- By no means stroll close to lit candles, luminaries or pumpkins.
- Keep away from distractions from digital gadgets.
- Solely trick-or-treat at houses the place the dad and mom know who lives there.
- Go to houses which have out of doors lights as an indication of welcome.
- Take away potential obstacles for trick-or-treaters from your personal garden, walkway, porch, and steps.
- Eat solely factory-wrapped treats. When you have any doubt concerning the security of a deal with, throw it out.
- Study treats for choking hazards earlier than permitting them to be eaten.
- Present more healthy treats for trick-or-treaters similar to particular person packs of raisins, path combine, or pretzels.
- For celebration friends, supply fruits, greens, and cheeses, and keep away from sugary drinks.
- Drink extra water and brush and floss after consuming sugary treats to manage the formation of micro organism that may trigger tooth decay and plaque.
For those who aren’t feeling properly, skip the Halloween events and actions. Along with being the spooky season, it’s flu season. DPH recommends everybody six months outdated and older get the flu vaccine as quickly as doable. Moreover, DPH recommends everybody six months outdated and older be updated with COVID vaccination and booster pictures. For extra details about flu, COVID, and vaccinations go to https://dph.georgia.gov/.